proxy : p r i v o x y

R.L. Reingard reingard at hispeed.ch
Thu Sep 8 18:12:44 UTC 2005

hm, Lee, that was a good idea with 'privoxy'. eventhough, i always get
restless, when i am not able to use a GUI, this time i found somewhere on
the website of privoxy.org the right command to run (/etc/init.d/privoxy
start). and guess what, it runs smoothly, and i am surprised, haha. okay,
i read, privoxy is not able to use the FTP protocol.
do you use privoxy yourself?
thank you,
René

user at ubuntu:~$ privoxy
Sep 08 19:41:08 Privoxy(-1209569152) Fatal error: can't check
configuration file '/home/user/config':  No such file or directory

user at ubuntu:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/privoxy start
Password:
Starting filtering proxy server: privoxy.
user at ubuntu:~$

***