ejecting ipod shuffle

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Thu Sep 8 02:47:39 UTC 2005

I seem to remember having this problem as well. The trick that was
passed on to me (and seems to have solved it indirectly) is to do:

sudo chmod +s /usr/bin/eject

This adds rights to the executable by default (pretty sure). You can
give it a quick try, and if it doesnt fix it just undo it with

sudo chmod -s /usr/bin/eject

Good luck,
Matt