Potentially new user

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Sun Sep 4 19:34:39 UTC 2005

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 02:26:34PM -0400, Brian Dotson wrote:
> As for partitioning, I suggest you use Partition Magic. It will let you keep
> Windows and Ubuntu on the same hard disk. Ubuntu will handle the rest, allowing
> you to dual boot.

When you install Mandrake, it will automatically check for
the existence of Windows partitions and ask you if you want
to keep the data on them. I'm told that Ubuntu and Debian do
the same thing; does anyone else have experience with this?

Point being that you shouldn't need to use an external
program to handle repartitioning.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org