ndiswrapper

Yotto ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Sep 2 02:16:40 UTC 2005

I'm having the same problem, but I logged in as root and ran just
'modprobe ndiswrapper' and I'm getting a bit more output than I did
when I used sudo (With sudo, I got the same output as Winston did
above)

#modprobe ndiswrapper

ndiswrapper (import:235): Unknown symbol:
ntoskrnl.exe:ObfDereferenceObject

ndiswrapper (load_sys_files:335): unable to prepare driver 'wg511v2'

ndiswrapper (wrapper_init:1494): loadndiswrapper failed (11); check
system log for messages from 'loadndisdriver'

FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper
(/lib/modules/2.6.10-5-386/kernel/drivers/net/ndiswrapper/ndiswrapper.ko):
Operation not permitted

(There may be typos above, I copied that off the screen :D )

--
Yotto