I messed up my GNOME splash screen

Scott angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com
Mon Oct 31 06:13:58 UTC 2005

On 10/30/2005 10:44 PM, Peter Lieverdink wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 22:20 -0700, Scott wrote:
>

>>On 10/30/2005 07:45 PM, Andi Darmawan wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Scott,
>>>

>>>Maybe the splash screen file is not there anymore?
>>>You could try this
>>>
>>>Use configuration editor (Applications --> System Tools -->
>>>Configuration Editor) and then find under
>>>apps -> gnome-session -> options
>>>you could see there's a key for splash_image, you could change the
>>>splash screen from there.
>>>

>>It' s still there. I guess I didn't make it clear. That other setting is
>>overriding it.
>>

>Install 'gtweakui', choose 'System -> Preferences -> gTweakUI - Session'
>and pick a new splash screen.
>
>- P.

All gTweakUI does is give you a different way to do the same thing that
was previously suggested in Gconf....

Right now Gconf is showing the splash screen I want (which corresponds
with my choice in gnome-splashscreen-manager).

However, all of these settings are being overridden by the settings in
/var/lib/dpkg/alternatives.

That is where the problem lies.  I have no idea how that got there and
no idea how to undo it.

Once again, all of the suggestions so far aren't helping because the
settings I'm being told to change are already where I want them.

So any dpkg gurus, feel free to speak up.  Gconf isn't my problem.

Thanks

---
Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com
© 2005 angrykeyboarder™ & Elmer Fudd. All Wights Wesewved