Displaying X on two monitors simultaneously on a ThinkPad R50.

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Oct 31 03:25:25 UTC 2005

> sounds like a good wiki candidate

I agree. Actually, being a new ubuntu user with BB, I have a related
issue. I have a T20 with the 1400x1050 screen. Tonight I hooked up my
21" monitor just to see what would happen with OO powerpoint slides for
presentations, and was expecting to see nothing.

To my amazement, there was my lcd screen mirrored to the extenal
screen. Not bad (although the 50Hz refresh is not good for 21" CRTs).
The only questions I have are:

Is it always in this dual mode by default?

If so, can it be toggled some how so that the dual draw is only done
when required? It seems as if this would be somewhat of a performance
drain, since it's drawing everything twice all the time, correct?

Bryan

--
hallkbrdz