Artec Ultima AT3 SCSI on ISA

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Oct 31 01:46:46 UTC 2005

Vinicius Franco do Nascimento Wrote:
> Hi,

> I have a old Artec scanner and I want use this on Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary.

> But XSane don't reconize my scanner. How I install drivers for this
> hardware?

You can get a list of the supported Artec scanners at

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-ARTEC-ULTIMA

1. What sort of SCSI card do you have?

2. Is the scanner being recognised during system startup? (check
/var/log/dmesg by doing 'less /var/log/dmeg')

3. If so, is /dev/scanner being created and is the symbolic point to a
generic SCSI device such as /dev/sg0 and the group permissions on that
device should be the scanner group

i.e.

ls -l /dev/scanner

ls -l /dev/sg?

4.  If the above checks out, what happens when you do

sane-find-scanner

and if that doesn't find it

sudo sane-find-scanner

If that finds it add yourself to the scanner group
(System/Administration/Users and Groups )

...Peter

--
bluetoad