Java

ben miller wheelscribe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 15:18:07 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 19:25 -0700, Robert Cook wrote:
> I'm trying to get started programming java, I applied and installed
> the basic java package and the SDK (along with any other packages it
> said were necesary when I chose those). What do I have to do now to
> open up the actual program to start programming
> Thanks,
> Robert
>
> P.S. I'm still new with Ubuntu as well so please keep that in mind,
> and any help is apreciated, thanks.

I would suggest using a text editor (gedit, kate, vi, your preference)
and learning the semantics of the language and compiling from the
command line. Only after that would I worry about IDEs. That said, I
would look at all the options available to you and determine which would
give you the best learning experience.

== Ben