NDISwrapper and linux-headers

jack jackson jackson.linux at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 22:08:49 UTC 2005

**I sent this a couple of times today but I never saw it post. Forgive me if
it posts repeatedly.**

Hi,
I remember that with Hoary and my notebook which had an IPW2200, every time
I updated the linux-headers I would clobber the new driver for the
ipw2200 and replace it with the oilder, malfuntioning one which shipped with
Hoary.

Now I'm on a new machine, and ndiswrapper makes the Dell wireless card work.
Will updating the linux-headers clobber that functionality and
make me re-run the ndiswrapper install or is ndiswrapper separate from the
kernel headers/

Thanks,
JJ