sreensaver and lock-up

Bas van Gils basvg at cs.ru.nl
Sun Oct 30 21:07:08 UTC 2005

hi all,

I'm running breezy (fresh install, kept it up to date) on three of my boxes
and one of them has the following problem: the box freezes completely once I
let it go into screenlock in about 40% of the cases. Logging in with ssh and
killing all user processes doesn't seem to help.

I've ran a memtest twice and the memory comes up clean. Also, setting the
screensaver to 'blank screen' seems to work but hey, I rather like the
eye-candy :-)

I've browsed the ubuntuforum and the mailinglist archive but I can't seem to
find a fix for this problem. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

  Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils at cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493  -  http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences