A newbie question and probably a redundant one ..

vorblesnak at peak.org vorblesnak at peak.org
Fri Oct 28 22:19:29 UTC 2005

I am learning Linux / Ubuntu / Debian in an attempt to migrate away from
the dark side.  In my day to day work I access an AS400 using the Client
Access 5250 emulator.  IBM has one of these for Linux, in an rpm
distribution.

I used alien to install it and it seems to be installed, but I cannot
launch the application. I looked and found tn5250 out in the universe but
it will not launch after install either.  I have looked at permissions,
install, lots o faqs.

Anyone got any ideas?  Any pointers?

David Davis
Toledo, Oregon 97391