Glom database front-end

john levin john at technolalia.org
Sun Oct 30 16:04:32 UTC 2005

'Forum Post wrote:
> Has anybody been actually able to use Glom on Breezy? Has posted 'here'
> (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=83635), I just can't
> start it up at all.

Yes, I've used it, although not in all seriousness yet. Been meaning to
do a Glom on Ubuntu howto, which will get done when I'm using it seriously.

Have you created a Postgre database, as per these instructions?
http://www.glom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Initial_Postgres_Configuration

As regards your query on the forum about importing filemaker databases:
"Glom uses the PostgreSQL (http://www.postgres.org/) database backend
but it can not edit databases that it did not create, because it uses
only a simple subset of Postgres functionality."
http://www.glom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Glom

HTH

John