vobcopy on breezy

Nancy Rudins nrudins at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 30 14:20:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone has used vobcopy on breezy yet?  I tried
it this weekend and up until 94% of completion, it went normally
but then it slowed down to a crawl.  I looked at the output files
and I could see it was doing something, since the file size kept
increasing, but it took so long (over 12 hours) that I finally just
killed it and gave up.  This is the first time I've ever used
vobcopy, so maybe I just did something wrong.  Or maybe because
I was sending the output to a usb hard drive.

No big deal, I just wondered if someone who is more familiar with
it could explain this.  The man pages for vobcopy weren't much
help in troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Nancy

Nancy Rudins    nrudins at ncsa.uiuc.edu
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~nrudins/

Take a sad song and make it better.  (lennon/mccartney)