Switching from lilo to grub

GDB-B&W-X.3.9 dougburton at vevayindiana.net
Sun Oct 30 13:22:46 UTC 2005

On Oct 30, 2005, at 7:29 AM, 'Forum Post , '@wailuku.xlogicgroup.com
wrote:

> I had a similar problem with my Ubuntu install... It put the grub
> pre-loader on,but the computer dosen't even recognise the drive. This
> drive, is also SATA- coincidence?
>

> --
> Azr3n

I don't think so, I googled a lot of responses on this same problem.
I'm sure there is a fix, but it's beyond my technical expertise.  I
tried to reinstall again, but this time the Breezy installer just
overwrote my MBR and I had to use the recover functions of my boot
manager program to get it back like it was.  Needless to say I had to
do an expert install and choose lilo for the bootloader.  Works fine
this way.

Just a message from Doug...