video decoder + hibernate query

Dave S ubuntu at pusspaws.net
Sun Oct 30 07:03:56 UTC 2005

Derek Broughton wrote:

>>Im kind of a KDE guy, but I am guessing that the hibernate.sh should
>>work in either case.
>>

>It should, but it can't if you can't write to /proc/acpi/sleep
>
>Go to KDE control panel, Power Control, Laptop Battery (hey, that's obvious,
>isn't it!)  Right hand tab is "ACPI Control".  Click on the big button
>("Setup Helper Application"), it'll probably give you an error, but it
>really seems to work (!!).  Then check, at least, "enable hibernate".

control panel >
laptop & power control>
no right hand tab displayed with 'ACPI control' ... all I have is
battery, power control, low battery warning, low battery critical

Greyed out below the last three of these tabs it says 'you have a
partial ACPI install .... recompile your kernel....'

When i execute ./etc/acpi/hibernate.sh I still get

...blah...blah..
already a pid for dhclient.eth0.pid ......
copyrights ...
and the last line is ...
DHCPRELEASE on eth0 to 192.168.0.1 port 67

& it locks, Thats as far as it goes. It just sits

Dave