video decoder + hibernate query

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Oct 29 19:41:58 UTC 2005

Dave S wrote:

> Im kind of a KDE guy, but I am guessing that the hibernate.sh should
> work in either case.

It should, but it can't if you can't write to /proc/acpi/sleep

Go to KDE control panel, Power Control, Laptop Battery (hey, that's obvious,
isn't it!)  Right hand tab is "ACPI Control".  Click on the big button
("Setup Helper Application"), it'll probably give you an error, but it
really seems to work (!!).  Then check, at least, "enable hibernate".
--
derek