Java

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Oct 29 06:42:13 UTC 2005

Robert Cook Wrote:
> I'm trying to get started programming java, I applied and installed the

> basic java package and the SDK (along with any other packages it said
> were

> necesary when I chose those). What do I have to do now to open up the
> actual

> program to start programming

> Thanks,

> Robert

> P.S. I'm still new with Ubuntu as well so please keep that in mind,
> and any

> help is apreciated, thanks.

You need to write java source code with an editor like gedit. Save
"Yourfile.java". Compile with "javac Yourfile.java". Run with "java
Yourfile".

You could install and use an IDE too. I like eclipse and jedit(with
plugins).

Grab a small java book too, like Bruce Eckels free "Thinking In Java".

--
diebels