Does anyone know anything about getting a tablet to work?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sat Oct 29 04:18:03 UTC 2005

Ubuntu users,
	I've been fighting for weeks now to get my wacom to work. I've tried
installing from the linuxwacom project. I've tried modifying the Ubuntu
drivers. I've installed just about every module known on the internet
and following every instruction.
	And it won't work.

	My latest error looks like this:

dave at ubuntu1:~/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.7.0$ sudo xsetwacom set Stylus mode
relativeError (2): WacomConfigOpenDevice: No such device
Set: Failed to open device 'Stylus'

	Most Ubuntu related instructions just indicate that it will work out of
the box and all one needs to do is adjust the xorg.conf file. Not so in
my case.

	Does anyone have any clear guidance? This is the biggest obstacle in me
getting comfortable on my Ubuntu environment, which otherwise I like.

--
Dave M G