non-booted Breezy install?

Shot - Piotr Szotkowski shot at hot.pl
Fri Oct 28 19:56:40 UTC 2005

Hello.

The situation:
- a laptop with a broken CD-ROM
- no USB key to boot from
- working installations of WinXP and Debian sid on the hard disk
- working 512 kbit/s Internet connection

The goal: clean Breezy install. :o)

Is there a way to install Breezy without
being able to boot any external media?

Maybe there's a way to run the Ubuntu installer from Windows or Debian?
I can attach an ATAPI CD-ROM through an USB connector, but I can't boot
from it. The Breezy install CD-ROM is seen (at least under Debian),
though.

I don't care what happens to the Windows and Debian installations,
I won't need them as long as I have a working Breezy install afterwards.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
     I have noticed that the people who are late are often so much jollier
     than the people who have to wait for them.             -- E. V. Lucas