Why need Debian?

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Fri Oct 28 17:51:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 15:31 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:

<snip>

> And why would we want to? There's nothing intrinsically wrong with Debian,
> there's just some issues that keep the release cycle down to a crawl.
> Though I've seen some complaints from Debian people about Ubuntu, in the
> long run I can only see the two complementing each other.
>
> I still follow (and post to) a number of Debian lists.
> --
> derek

Agreed. I use and love Ubuntu on all my desktop machines. Debian Stable
is still my prefered server platform. Upgrading every three years or so
sounds right for a server :)

"An american, is someone who thinks 200 years is a long time. A european
is someone who thinks 200 miles, is a long distance"