Good Chess Game

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:54:05 UTC 2005

On 10/28/05, Timothy A. Holmes <tholmes at mcaschool.net> wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I am looking for a good chess game for UBUNTU -- I installed all the
> ones that I could find in synaptic, but they don't show up in the menus,
> and I don't know how to start them.  I would like to be able to play
> against the computer
>
> TIM

Have you tried typing the app name in a terminal window? If it starts
it, then you can easily use Smeg menu editor to add this to your menu.

Also in terminal "man <appname>" might give you some pointers too.

Good luck... If you get them working, let me know which one(s) you
like... I'm interested in chess too, but I've got no one to play
against!

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org