Breezy and Zope 2.7...

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Oct 28 06:32:46 UTC 2005

Andrea Giuliano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been running Zope 2.7 on Hoary for a few months with no problems,
> but now that I've upgraded to Breezy it seems that only Zope 2.8 starts
> with the usual procedure (startup scripts int /etc/init.d), while Zope
> 2.7 can only be started running the script
> /var/lib/zope2.7/instance/main/bin/runzope.
>
> I see that /etc/init.d/zope2.7 calls dzhandle to start zope instances,
> but I admit I didn't try this way.
>
> Also, I could not find any error log anywhere, except for the "[fail]"
> status of the script /etc/init.d/zope2.7.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Best regards.

I'm not sure I get exactly what you guys are talking about, but what I
noticed is on the upgrade my zope2.7 script turned into what I see as
gibberish(script I don't understand), same as when I just installed
zope2.8. I think you guys also noticed this but the ALL line in
/etc/default/zope2.8 returns no instances found.
I just change it to read INSTANCES="/home/user/instanceroot"
and then my old init.d script works.
All I had to do to get it working though was replace it with my pre
upgrade backup and it works like it should.
I think maybe something went wrong in the packaging, any idea who to
talk to about this?

Alex