How can I help make Ubuntu better???

Lionel lionelv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 00:53:26 UTC 2005

Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> Steve:
> I know that Fedora and Mandriva provide KDE, Gnome and others, and I am
> pretty certain that some other distributions do the same. But AFAIK none
> of them get it all on one CD -- typically you'd need to download either
> four CD's or a single DVD. Doing that on a slow dialup connection takes
> a lot of patience -- certainly more than I have.

That's right, I bought Mandriva 2005 DVD for about $15AUD. There's some
issues with Mandriva that are not evident in Ubuntu, but it just has
everything on the DVD, including at least 4 window managers that I know
of and they have done a lot of work at making the OS more usable, mainly
through the control centre and kmenu structure. I like Kubuntu because I
can manage to download it on dial up, the updates are smaller, and you
can upgrade online easier.

Lionel.