How can I help make Ubuntu better???

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 27 23:53:38 UTC 2005

Steve wrote:
> Sort of on the same thread...
>
> After reading countless posts about the issues surrounding KDE, but
> acknowledging the huge interest in KDE, I have a suggestion for
> Dapper:
>
> Include and official support *4* Windowmanagers:
>
> For higher end computers:
> Gnome
> KDE
>
> For lower end computers:
> Xfce
> IceWM
>
> Is this feasible?
>
> -Steve.

Steve:
I know that Fedora and Mandriva provide KDE, Gnome and others, and I am
pretty certain that some other distributions do the same. But AFAIK none
of them get it all on one CD -- typically you'd need to download either
four CD's or a single DVD. Doing that on a slow dialup connection takes
a lot of patience -- certainly more than I have.

-- cmg