Firefox is a PIG on memory var: Respectful critic - thanks.

Phillip Sc. Boegh psb at ipl.dtu.dk
Thu Oct 27 21:31:02 UTC 2005

>>... the problem with proprietary software code is that it is close - but
>> do we aggre that it is MUCH easier to include open code into close
code
>> than the oppersite way around?
>> Therefore we will always be behind - and that is OK because we care for
>> security more than new features!
>
> I disagree.  While proprietary software often incorporates features from
> OSS, I think the incorporation of the codebase is rarer because it does
> not
> work with the existing architecture and libraries of the proprietary code.
> There is a built in inertia with commercial software that is dependent on
> lot more than "does it work better"?

-->STILL it is "MUCH easier to include open code into close code than the
oppersite way around? You cannot look away from this fact!

-->Even they cannot use the libraries they can get a precise solution
model and a survay of the way it is build - the semi-code and the features
behaviour.

Sorry we will never agree if you deny these points.

Phillip