Nvidia TNT2

Gary Hodges fsunoles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:47:56 UTC 2005

OK, I remembered a third question...

I also installed Kubuntu on a colleagues desktop with a Nvidia TNT2 card. I
followed the directions found in the Wiki

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia?highlight=%28nvidia%29

and wasn't successful. Before I installed the nvidia-glx-legacy and
linux-restricted-modules-2.6.12-9-386-nvidia-legacy packages I could see the
Open GL screen savers in the demo window to the right of the screensaver
list. After installing the two packages above the Open GL screensavers don't
appear in that demo window. Nor do they work full screen. I don't get the
Nvidia logo either. Seemed perfectly straightforward, but something isn't
working...

Gary