Are there any decent Peer To Peer clients working on Ubuntu

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Wed Oct 26 19:26:46 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 16:55, Dave M G wrote:
> 	I have been trying to get giFT to work using giFToxic and giFTui,
> neither of which I can get up and running. What I like about them is the
> possibility of being able to have one P2P client for multiple P2P
> networks.
> 	No other P2P client seems to offer the same potential, and yet no giFT
> client seems to work.

I wouldn't bother; they're pretty flakey at times.  gtk-gnutella and azureus
will do everything you need very well though.  If you want to run them at the
same time, just limit the upload speed in each so that the combined upload
speed doesn't swamp your outgoing bandwidth.

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com