Missing: MYBUNTU!

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 26 15:16:39 UTC 2005

hi ther,e

well, just a few days ago I wrote this wiki page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/InstallCDCustomizationHowTo

based partly on the wlug.org.nz article you cite down there. I include
a very rough script that lets me update various versions with justa
couple of ocmmands -- it's ROUGH and you should modify it for your
purposes.

Hope it helps, though -- am hoping the work I put into this can help
other people to do the samething.

BTW, I've seen traffic on the debian-boot list suggesting developers
would like to find a way to make this process easier.

matt

ps:  the script as it stands still does not generate a list of
necessary .debs from a smaller list of high-level packages like
"ubuntu-desktop", "xubuntu-desktop", "language-support-bn", etc.
It would be nice to add that functionality, but I haven't yet
investigated the "germinate" package which is used by the developers
to build cd's. If anyone wants to add this kind of info to the wiki
page that'd be GREAT.

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094

The following addresses are for you if you're an evil spambot:
zeus at derailleur.org aardvark at derailleur.org