duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Wed Oct 26 14:57:21 BST 2005
Ali Milis wrote:
>Question: Does anyone have a similar script to build his/her
>own version of "mybuntu" ISO image?
Linux From Scratch (LFS) is a project that provides you with
step-by-step instructions for building your own custom Linux system,
entirely from source code.
Currently, the Linux From Scratch organization consists of the following
* LFS <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/> :: Linux From Scratch
is the main book, the base from which all other projects are derived.
* BLFS <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/> :: Beyond Linux From
Scratch helps you extend your finished LFS installation into a
more customized and usable system.
* ALFS <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/alfs/> :: Automated Linux
From Scratch provides tools for automating and managing LFS and
* HLFS <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs/> :: Hardened Linux
From Scratch focuses on building an LFS system with heightened
* Hints <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/> :: The Hints
project is a collection of documents that explain how to enhance
your LFS system in ways that are not included in the LFS or BLFS
* LiveCD <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/> :: The LiveCD
project provides a CD that is useful as an LFS build host or as a
general rescue CD.
* Patches <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/> :: The Patches
project serves as a central repository for all patches useful to
an LFS user.
More information about the ubuntu-users