Firefox is a PIG on memory

Dick Davies rasputnik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 08:28:55 UTC 2005

On 26/10/05, 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> >  I can't agree with you more about what you said. I mean it's almost
>
> > > impossible to close firefox and restart it once a day. I mean it is
>
> > > possible but what a hassle. Why can't they make firefox as good as
>
> > > internet explorer? And also make firefox as secure as internet
>
> > > explorer?
>

> > Grow up and stop acting like he called your mother names.
>

> > I think the point was that memory leaks are Bad Things -
>
> > 'restart it once a day' makes you sound like an NT admin.
>

> Sorry about being such a smartass with my earlier response. You are
> right it was very childish of me to say those things. And I will try
> not to post in that manner again.

No problem :)

I just get annoyed when people are reporting problems and our response is
sometimes 'la-la-la-i-can't-hear-you' or 'send a patch/read the source'
(which is effectively the same thing).

If you (i.e. we, the project/users/whatever) start on this path you
end up with an elitist
product that nobody uses.

I shouldn't have to learn a programming language to report a bug -
and just because you got something for free (like my opinion) doesn't
mean you're
not allowed to say it sucks :)

http://number9.hellooperator.net/