how do i install java?

David Coldrick coldrick at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 04:50:28 UTC 2005

Hi Horst,

There are a few Java installation guides floating about: if you follow the
instructions on my blog (
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/coldrick?entry=java_development_on_ubuntu_part),
you should be OK. Those instructions are for the jdk, but ut work for just
the jre if that's all you need.

You're right, you can't get rid of libgcj because of some (totally bogus,
AFAIK) dependencies. Very annoying!

Regards,
David