I just don't get it !

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Tue Oct 25 23:30:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 14:46 -0400, Eric Devost wrote:
> That didn't do it. Maybe it's gnucash related problem. I can't find
> any thread or help on that on the gnucash mailing list/site. But why
> is it running fine on hoary and not on Breezy ? That's why I think
> it's distro related.
That's weird!  It did work on my Breezy system and I can select
Helvetica from the font selector in a lot of applications.

Remember, "gnucash" still uses the old GTK+ library (version 1.2)!  So
it doesn't support "FontConfig" (and for that reason it failed to make a
different for you).

My advice for you is to make sure that Helvetica is installed on your
system.  Do the above trick (that I mentioned), and try selecting
Helvetica (say from "System" --> "Preferences" --> "Font").  If it's not
there then your problem is simply the font is missing from your system
all together.

> Anyway thanx a lot for helping. I really appreciate it.
>
> Eric,
You're welcome.
Ziyad.