Does K3B work properly with 5.10?

R Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 25 21:56:00 UTC 2005

I've just used K3B to burn the first iso since upgrading to 5.10 and
have  received the following output:-

/usr/bin/cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set
RR-scheduler /usr/bin/cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set
priority using setpriority(). /usr/bin/cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a
high risk for buffer underruns. scsidev: '/dev/hde'
devname: '/dev/hde'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Error: Cannot gain SYS_RAWIO capability.Is cdrecord installed SUID root?
: Operation not permitted
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial version of libscg
(ubuntu-0.8ubuntu1 '@(#)scsitransp.c 1.91 04/06/17 Copyright
1988,1995,2000-2004 J. Schilling'). SCSI buffer size: 64512 /

During the burn K3B indicated that the device buffer appeared to
be empty, or nearly so, several times.

Is there a simple way to tell whether the iso was correctly burned?

And was the updated K3B configured correctly when I upgraded?

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/