Yaboot problem

Steve Didier steve.didier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:01:28 UTC 2005

KIoshi,
If you haven't recieved an answer yet suggest that you go to
http://penguinppc.org/bootloaders/yaboot/doc/yaboot-howto.shtml/ and
read the how-to there. The manual ha shelped me alot!
It sounds to me that you did not configure an Apple Bootstrap
partition (typically that would be /dev/hda2 on your internal drive)
and that you are trying to boot from your root partition. You need at
a minimum two partitions--one 800MB bootstrap partition and one /
partition--although most instalations also have you create or create
by default a swap partition that is at least 256mb in size-usually no
more than 512--

Hope this helps!
Steve