Firefox is a PIG on memory var: Respectful critic - thanks.

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Tue Oct 25 18:27:38 UTC 2005

Phillip Sc. Boegh wrote:

>> I feel like I hit a nerve on this one, hehehe.
> All right - but I think some newbees cannot distinguish between
> "applications that they have ordered and spend a lot of money for" and
> "applications that are kindly developed for all and voluntarily".
> You cannot compare open-source programs with commercial closed source
> because the close source developers can build in the open-source code and
> fix some bugs - which they hold for themselves in close code. So we'll
> always be behind the commercial applications.

Nonsense.  The strength of Open Source is its openness.  Lots of talented
people get to see the code, spot and diagnose problems and correct them
quickly.

With proprietary software, only a few get to see the code, and
non-monumental problems have to wait for "the next release" to get fixed
-- and then it may get superceded by the needs of the marketing department.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html________________________________________