Breezy evolution refuses to cooperate

Jonathan Corbet corbet-uuser at lwn.net
Tue Oct 25 16:01:37 UTC 2005

I took the leap and upgraded the family system to Breezy.  Now my user
base (i.e. the wife and kids) complains that evolution fails with a
cheery "summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync" complaint.  Some
STFW turns up solutions like deleting the various summary or .index
files, but that doesn't help.  Getting rid of the .evolution directory
entirely sometimes helps - for one session, then the problem is back.

FWIW, home directories are NFS-mounted on this system.

Anybody got any thoughts on this one?

Thanks,

jon