Breezy Installation (partitioning)

Mario Splivalo mario.splivalo at mobart.hr
Tue Oct 25 12:14:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 11:55 +0200, R.L.Reingard wrote:
> Hi,
> who does know how to make partitions at installation in a way that '/' is
> one and '/home' is another?
> a year ago when installing Warty i somehow came to an option like 'Desktop
> Installation' which automatically made 2 partitions. one for '/' and one
> for '/home'.
> when checking out this again for a Breezy Installation, i did not find the
> way again to achieve that.
> regards,
> René

If you're gonna be installing Breezy on laptop, or on machine where
you'll be only user, or the number of active users won't go over integer
of 3, it's wise to have just one partition on disk. It's much easier to
cope with free space that way. Of course, you have to be carefull not to
fill the disk up to it's limit.

I found that having seperate partitions for /var, /home, /, is just a
drag. Because, you soon run out of space on, for instance, /var, and you
have more than 20 gigs free on /home. How to switch that space to var
when needed?

	Mike
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art
mario.splivalo at mobart.hr

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."