What's this on my log?

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Mon Oct 24 04:53:37 UTC 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 14:00, Luis Murillo wrote:
> I've been seeing entries like this appear too often on my messages,
> syslog and kern.log logs. I would like to know if someone can help me
> with this by telling me what exactly is wrong here and how can I fix it
>

> --Start Log
>
> Oct 23 21:58:25 localhost kernel: [4329141.751000] atkbd.c: Unknown key
> released (translated set 2, code 0xaa on isa0060/serio0).
8< -- snip -- 8<

Looks like you're using a keyboard with "extra" keys (media keys, volume
controls etc) that haven't been mapped to anything.  There are a number of
ways to map keys to certain functions.  Have a look in your keyboard
configuration for Xorg and/or keyboard mappings for Gnome/KDE.  If you want
to get down and dirty with Xorg, have a look into xmodmap (man xmodmap).

Cheers,

James
--
My friend has a baby.  I'm writing down all the noises he makes so
later I can ask him what he meant.