Just recovered from update disaster

albi albi at scii.nl
Sun Oct 23 22:18:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:59:46 +0200
Rainer Gutkas <Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at> wrote:

> I just wanted to tell you the story of my breezy update from this
> weekend. I followed the suggestions from ubuntu.com, changes hoary to
> breezy in sources.list ran apt-get dist-upgrade and found myself without
> gdm, and a stable gnome-desktop enviroment.
> No chanche to install ubuntu-desktop or anything, apt didn't like it,...

this url can be helpful (esp. the post-upgrade part)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyUpgradeNotes

on one machine where hoary became breezy there was a problem with X
(complaining about no default font installed), there i decided to
install xfs and solved it, only later i came across the above mentioned
url :)

--
grtjs, albi
gpg-key: lynx -dump http://scii.nl/~albi/gpg.asc | gpg --import