cordless mouse for laptop?

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sun Oct 23 18:01:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm not very fluent in fancy hardware. Recently, my wife told me she saw
a cordless mouse, I think bluetooth or something. There's sort of a
small USB transmitter on the laptop, and the mouse is completely
cordless. (I admit I'm an ignorant for these things).

Anyway: tomorrow she wants to drive to town and buy such a thing,
because her cabled rodent gave its last sigh, and the touchpad is not
very practical to work with. (We live in a very remote place...)

Q: are these peripherals a problem under Linux, or are they
well-supported?

Our four PCs at home run Ubuntu 5.10, BTW.

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs