network cards won't connect

Tony Ayre localzuk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 17:36:37 UTC 2005

ok, modify htis.  If I set up a static configutation, and sit and let
ping run for long enough (at least 5 minutes) I will get an
intermittent transmission success.  Over 90% packet loss, though, and
not a hgh enough rate to establish an ssh connection, run apt-get
update, or find a web page in any browser.

I have no idea whatthis means, but maybe someone outthere does?

I would say check your network cable. Also check that you aren't giving the
computer an IP address that another machine has.

When you ping, do you ping a domain or an IP?

Tony Ayre