Co-existence of Ubuntu-desktop, Kubuntu-desktop and Edubuntu-desktop in one install

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 21 09:31:05 UTC 2005

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 20.10.2005, 22:00 +0100 schrieb Colin Murphy:
> Then Breezy was released so I went ahead with a Ubuntu install onto which I
> also installed kubuntu-desktop form me and, probably foolishly,
> Edubuntu-desktop for the children.
>
> So, should all of these 'desktops' work nicely together or have I tried to
> push too much into the installation?
edubuntu-desktop depends on eduuntu-artwork which is a branding package
for the distro... it changes the defaults for the gnome desktop
completely so all your gnome desktops will have edubuntu defaults then.
uninstall edubuntu-artwork to change back to ubuntu defaults and give
your children the edubuntu girl backgropund and the gartoon icon theme,
this way you can keep the ubuntu settings for the grown ups an have the
edubuntu theme for the childen ;)

ciao
	oli