Breezy boot up and network interfaces

Lee McLain lee.mclain at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:12:06 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,
I have just finished installing Breezy on my Inspiron 6000 laptop and
everything went fine just like Hoary, but now I have an issue that has
bugged me for quite a while.
When I boot up the laptop, the system tried to configure the network
interfaces according to the previous settings. If I am in a different
location than my previous one, the settings(SSID and such) don't match the
previous and this causes a long(1 to 1 1/2 minute) delay in my boot time.
Is there a way to either shut off the interface complete until I am logged
in or, a better idea, to have the system try to get the network information
in the background and continue booting? I believe Fedora Core does it like
this, but I am not certain. The long boot times that result are really quite
annoying.

Thanks,
Lee McLain