breezy: XKB config error on startup, keymap settings wrong

N Chosechu chosechu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:56:18 UTC 2005

> Selecting the "US English" keyboard as the default (with a compose key
> set up) seems to have done the trick: I can now type ' and " as normal,
> and can compose extended characters using the compose key.
> (So I'm not really sure what exactly is "international" about the
> so-called 'international' keyboard..?)

How did you get the standard US keyboard to compose extended characters???
I want to know! Describe what you mention as "a compose key setup"?

..and I still have no idea what keys to press to type the euro symbol! :-(

What I have done so far is switch to US-intl or french temporarily, type
Alt-Gr + e,
switch back to US. There must be an easier way to do it.

Talking about international characters: I always have trouble finding fonts
that
cover iso-8859-15 correctly. What are you using?

--
Chosechu