Menu editing in Gnome (was: Re: Is there an real need to upgrade?)

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV rick at rickandpatty.com
Thu Oct 20 00:31:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 01:25 +0200, Christoph Bier wrote:

> > Menu editing.

> What's so special with menu editing? In every report about the new
> Gnome release this feature is mentioned. Please let me know why you
> like it so much.

1) People like to have control over their systems, and may want to
reduce (or sometimes add to) their menu "clutter".

2) Some people write custom scripts or other such things that they'd
like to be able to run from the menus.  Or you might want the menu item
to start up with some custom options (say you want wine to run a certain
program, for instance).

3) It's just one of those things that it's crazy to NOT be able to do.  :)

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick at rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com