Evolution Acting Strange..

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 03:04:56 UTC 2005

On 10/18/05, Russell Cook <bike_oz at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>  Or a DNS problem in talking to the mailserver. I'd reboot then try again,
> if Evo is still slow hit the cancel button then the send and receive again.
> It helps get a new connection to the mail server and works for me sometimes.
>  Regards Russell
>
>  On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 19:10 +0200, Lars Hallberg wrote:
>  Vram wrote:
>
> >MY Evolution is acting strange....
> >

> >When I send mail the "Send & Receive Mail" text box will hang and hang
> >and hang...
> >
> >Anyone else have this problem or am I special??
> >

> Don't know about evolution, but in most email software that is a symptom
> of the mailserver being slow or dead.
>
> HTH /LaH

I've had issues when it will hang indefinitely after I try to check
mail.  at which point I will kill it from the command line:

evolution --force shutdown

But then it won't restart for me with out rebooting.  Extremely frustrating.

I'm using 3 imap accounts and an exchange account though, so maybe all
that is too much?