Firewall

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Oct 18 15:22:02 UTC 2005

Dmitry Mityugov wrote:

> On 10/18/05, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

>> > On 10/18/05, Randall J. Parr <RParr at temporalarts.com> wrote:
>> > But none of them are available in the main repository. I believe only
>> > shorewall is there.
>>
>> People don't actually try to run ubuntu _only_ from main do they?
>> They're all in "universe" (including shorewall).
>
> shorewall is in main, at least on i386, most other products mentioned
> in this thread aren't.

So it is.  I've just discovered that my apt-proxy mirror has all kinds of
obsolete Packages files - unzipped or gzipped, when I need to be looking at
the bzipped ones.

> Do you use Universe or not I believe depends on how you're going to
> use the machine and what data will be stored there.

Sorry, I should have put a smiley in there.  I _know_ you can make a working
system without universe - but it's not one I'd want to work on.
--
derek