installing Ubuntu on a machine with only dialup connection

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 18 05:54:36 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:12:44 -0700
Jerry Gaiser <jerryg at gaiser.org> wrote:

> Does apt-get retry? Does it have the ability to continue at the point that the
> ISP drops me? Heck, I'm not in a hurry. I've waited over a week to get an ISO
> that I *really* wanted.

Yes, you can interrupt apt-get and it will continue where it left off - I also am a dialup user, and things like apt-get upgrade can be spread over several sessions of say 4 or 5 hours with no discernible problems.

The packages only install when the upgrade is complete, so that isn't a problem either.

Peter
--

Linux User #343161