Breezy upgrade question

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:39:43 UTC 2005

On 17/10/05, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Eamonn Sullivan wrote:
> >
> > Really, the level of concern I have about this could fit on the head
> > of a pin. All I'm pointing out to you is that you're asking for a
> > flawless upgrade of thousands of complex programs. It ain't easy. By
> > suggesting that any combination of programs be flawlessly upgraded,
> > you're asking for the developers to solve something that is
> > essentially infinitely complex, because you want abiword and exim. All
> > I said at the start is that you can expect lots of problems that way.
>
> I disagree.  If you have a working Ubuntu system

You have a working Derek system. It's probably great, and it works for
you. Wonderful. But what the developers of breezy slaved over for six
months used OpenOffice and postfix. That's what they debugged and
tested, although I'm sure they also made as much effort as possible to
ensure Abiword and whatever mail program you use worked well too.

> fwiw, it's not _really_ thousands of programs - mine is only 1165 packages

Ah, then you should be fine. Good luck!

-Eamonn