Firewall

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Oct 17 17:00:03 UTC 2005

My advice is to stick with firestarter if you (like me) want to remain a
moron when it comes to running stuff like this (i.e., I -know- I don't
want to learn how to run the firewall, I just want it to work). All the
firewalls I have tried, including the ones on Windows, try to force me
to become a firewall expert, which I do not want. Firestarter behaves
sensibly out of the box, and changing its behavior when there's a
problem is always very easy.

It is probably not the best protection, but I'm aiming for
adequate-but-easy.

--
wylfing